- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
AS Photography Statement of Intent and brainstorm examples
The first 200 words of this essay...
Statement of Intent
As we are now roughly six months through our course and have now completed our first project, I feel that I now have an understanding of the basic techniques that can be used in SLR photography and have built my confidence in using these skills to get the images I require (e.g. using differential focus (setting a large aperture to create a shorter depth of field, throwing objects outside of that out of focus) to draw the viewers attention to the main subject in a picture, or using shutter exploitation (using either fast shutter speeds e.g. 1/250 of a second to freeze action or slow shutter speeds e.g. 30 seconds to exposed the film for a longer period to blur movement)). I have also learned how to use techniques when printing photographs in the darkroom, using techniques such as dodging (covering an area of a photograph you want to be lighter than the rest of the image) or burning in (exposing certain areas of an image for longer so that they darken) to enhance my final pictures. In the first project I based my work around taking photographs
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- Compare Two Photographs by Two Different Photographers
- Browning's View of Art, "Andrea del Sarto" and &qu...
- The Link Between Fashion And Art
- Art Research- Karl Blossfeldt
- Pablo Picasso "Child Holding a Dove" 1901.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.