- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Caspar David Freidrich. One of his most famous paintings is called Wanderer above the mist.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Caspar David Friedrich
In September 5, 1774, a German romantic painter was born. His name was Caspar David Friedrich, and he was one of the greatest painters in European art of landscapes. Friedrich was sixth of ten children in his family. In 1781, when Friedrich was only 7 years old, his mother Sophie Dorothea Bechly died. A few of his brothers and sisters died later.
1790 he began studying art as a private student of artist Johann Gottfried Quistorp, at the University of Griefswald. He learnt a lot from that and here is where his art-life began.
Friedrich was a romanticist. Romanticism revolved around the importance of feelings, imagination, self-expression and individual creativity. The Romantic Movement, which began around 1795, brought about one of the most fundamental changes in outlook in literature, music and the arts. It's originated in the second half of the 18th century in Western Europé and evolved during the Industrial Revolution.
Friedrich's landscapes are based on places in Germany, including mountains, trees, morning mists and many more. One of his most famous paintings is called "Wanderer above the mist". It shows a young wanderer standing on a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- AS Photography - Statement of Intent
- Photography Project Evaluation. Theme of "Journey"...
- How does colour affect the mood of the art work? Examinatio...
- "I hope the exit is joyful, and I hope never to return&...
- Compare Two Photographs by Two Different Photographers
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo