- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
ferdinand porsche and design of the volkswagen beetle
The first 200 words of this essay...
Designer of the Volkswagen Beetle
Prof DR H.C Ferdinand Porsche was an Austrian car designer. He was born in Vratislavice nad Nisou in Bohemia. This is now part of Liberec, a city in the Czech Republic. He was born on September the 3rd 1875. This is also known as Maffersdorf in the German language. Porsche is best known for designing the original Volkswagen Beetle but is also known for his help in designing tanks for the Germans like the Tiger One and Two and the Elefant. In the year 1937 Adolf Hitler awarded the German National Prize for Art and Science to Ferdinand Porsche. This award is very rare so he did well to get it.
When you see the name Ferdinand Porsche you will probably think of Porsche cars. You are right in thinking that because Ferdinand's son, who is also named Ferdinand started up Porsche Automobiles. The Porsche family has always been in the car industry with Ferdinand the Second's nephew being the chairman of Volkswagen from 1993 to 2002. Also Ferdinand the Second's son was involved in the design of the legendary Porsche 911. The name Porsche is an old Slavic
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- AS Photography - Statement of Intent
- Photography Project Evaluation. Theme of "Journey"...
- How does colour affect the mood of the art work? Examinatio...
- Andy Goldsworthy was born in Cheshire in 1956 he was brought...
- With changes in culture, come changes in art.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.