- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How does fashion make us feel?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Fashion can convey how we feel about ourselves through style and the way we dress. It can also connect us to our own identities. Many speculations lead us to believe that beauty and popularity are embraced through fashion and the clothing we wear. These lies are promoted in fashion through the media, icons, and social environment.
There are many speculations that lead us to believe a certain style or fashion will make us beautiful and/or popular. This mindset is the result of the media through propaganda. Clothing advertisements are seen everywhere through television, magazines, and billboard signs showing beautiful young models wearing the latest fashions.
" . . . contemporary fashion magazines are part of an extensive disciplinary apparatus which promotes unreal beauty norms, producing widespread anxiety and alienation among women."
Of course, we want to look just as beautiful, so we visit the nearest store and purchase the newest styles. However the results are not always the same. Also the fashion industry leads us to believe we are involved in this decision process, but really we are just followers of what clothing is provided in the stores and displayed in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- A Commentary on “Standing Female Nude”
- AS Photography Statement of Intent and brainstorm examples
- Pablo Picasso "Child Holding a Dove" 1901.
- Personal Study - Journeys.
- Photography Project Evaluation. Theme of "Journey"...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.