- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Marilyn Monroe was a glamorous woman who created a mad obsession within the world from her short-lived life.
Marilyn Monroe is the only one whose vivid image remains instantly recognisable to millions of men and women young and old throughout the world.
Each new generation of movie goers and film commentators seems to discover her afresh, virtually re-inventing her image to suit the fashion of the time and there have been many imitators of Monroe 'style' both during her lifetime and since.
Marilyn Monroe influenced fashion over the late 50's, the figure hugging material that was to create the small waist and emphasise larger hips to show the woman's curvy figure, the figure that Marilyn Monroe is extremely famous for. Marilyn Monroe was always centre of media attention this had a very strong connection with the style at the time as she needed to always look the very best to keep her reputation and image going.
Looking at different artist's I came across William De kooning and his unique way of portraying Marilyn Monroe, He fragmented human figures, continuously piecing them together and disassembling them again, he was influenced by cubism
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- How does colour affect the mood of the art work? Examinatio...
- Compare Two Photographs by Two Different Photographers
- Fashion is the style and custom prevalent at a given time. P...
- Roy Lichtenstein: - Biography
- AS Photography - Statement of Intent
""Zoey. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.