- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Richard Avedon is considered one of the greatest photographers of all time. At the age of 12 his first camera was the Kodak Box Brownie camera.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Richard Avedon is considered one of the greatest photographers of all time. At the age of 12 his first camera was the Kodak Box Brownie camera. Avedon dropped out of high school and joined the Merchant Marine's photographic section. Later in 1944, he worked as a photographer at a department store, and then two years later the art director of Harper's Bazaar magazine hired him as the photographer. He also produced work for Vogue and Look; while he made a living working in advertising, Avedon was also interested in portraiture. His most critical work was a series of photos of his dying father. His most popular work was his portraits of everyday people and celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe. As he became popular with the public, he had the opportunity to photograph celebrities along with everyday common people.
Throughout Avedon's career, he became most famous for his portraits. Avedon's photos were mostly taken in a well lit studio with a white backdrop. The unique style of his portraits is known as minimalism. His photographic style is considered minimalistic because Avedon had the ability to expose the identity and personality of his subjects with just a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- How does colour affect the mood of the art work? Examinatio...
- Fashion is the style and custom prevalent at a given time. P...
- Compare Two Photographs by Two Different Photographers
- Roy Lichtenstein: - Biography
- AS Photography - Statement of Intent
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.