- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A description of the type of business - Sole trader:
- Essay length: 3850 words
- Submitted: 20/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
My group 1 company will be Waitrose. My reason for selecting a prestigious company such as this is because I work for them so then my inside knowledge will be a useful addition to my portfolio.
My group 2 company will be the Tussauds Group. They seem to be a big company and are also well known. So the information would not be hard to find.
Task 1/ P1:
A description of the type of business:
This is the most commonly found type of business in the United Kingdom. A sole trader is a business with only one owner, and the responsibility of the business rests on that person. The business can trade under the owner's name (i.e. Joes Chippy) or under a business name (i.e. Feltham chip shop). Many sole traders provide a service of some sort. Sometimes the most amounts of employees would be 3. The owner provides the capital. The owner takes all the risks of the business, receives all the profit and carries all the losses. This has unlimited liability because it is only a small business therefore all his personal
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Evaluate the strategies that a business can adopt during a r...
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Discuss the impact of recent changes in the UK economic envi...
- Marks and Spencer aims and objectives
- Sainsbury's Stakeholders and their Job Roles
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo