- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 5843 words
- Submitted: 19/03/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Pass criterion 1:
'Explain how aims and objectives may be achieved through planning and
Provide a brief description of the background of the business, identifying its activities, aims and objectives.
McDonald's is one of the best-known franchised fast food restaurant chain in the
World. The first restaurant was opened in the USA in 1955.
In 1974; McDonald's opened its first restaurant in the UK. Today, more than 2.5 million people in this country place their trust in McDonald's every day - trusting the Company to provide them with food of a high standard, quick service and value for money.
In 1997, McDonald's was recognised as the world's leading brand by Interbrand (http://www.interbrand.com). Since then the brand has 'slipped' to 8th in 2003. The long-established 'Big Mac' product, introduced in 1968, has also attained brand name status. The company's own 'cartoon' character, Ronald McDonald, tries to embody the firm's image as 'fun' and 'caring'.
By 2002 the brand had a worldwide network of 30,000 outlets, which 1,200 were based
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing & Research (view all)
- Describe the Social Implications of Business Ethics Facing A...
- Analyse the marketing opportunities and challenges faced by ...
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing techniques in Tescos...
- BTEC BUSINESS UNIT 2
- Unit 2 Investigating business
- M1-Compare marketing techniques used in marketing products i...
- Describe how marketing techniques are used to market product...
- Marketing Analysis of Dominos Pizza
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using profession...
- Explain the role of advertising agencies in the development ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.