- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
- Essay length: 5281 words
- Submitted: 12/07/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
(E1) Business Ownership
There are many ways in which business can be organized. It can be from a small one-man business to a multinational organization. The business ownership is mainly divided into different sectors. In this part I am going to explain about two types of business ownership.
1. Private limited company
2. Public limited company (plc)
Private limited company
The limited company is fast becoming one of the most common forms of business organization. When a small business expands there is need for extra capital. The proprietors may start the business as a limited company just to obtain the benefits of limited liabilities. The partners may decide to turn the business into limited company to raise this capital. A limited company is a separate organization in law from its shareholders and directors.
The main points of private limited companies are:
* The name of the company must end with the word 'limited'.
* There is no limit to number of shareholders.
1. Limited company can continue even after the owner dies.
2. With limited liabilities company is able to attract capital from public.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Evaluate the strategies that a business can adopt during a r...
- Outline key features of legislation and regulation on health...
- Investigating Business. Tesco PLC. I will be describing the...
- ASDA's Ownership
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student