- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
compare and contrast financial and management accounting
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this essay, I will compare and contrast financial and management accounting and how they differ; as well as the extent the two approaches reflect the different purpose and role by using academic journals throughout for my research.
Financial accounting can be defined as the process of identifying, measuring, classifying, accumulating, summarizing, and communicating information about economic entities that is primarily quantitative and is useful to decision makers (Seidman, 2005).
Accounting information is designed to be used in making financial decisions. It is primarily quantitative in nature, and it relates monetary information to a specific entity. Senior management and outside investors rely on the information provided by a firm's financial accounting system. They want to project future cash flows, revenues, or profits and use that information when evaluating the performance of organisation or assessing the feasibility of granting a requested line of credit (Seidman, 2005).
The primary role of accounting information is to provide information for decision-making purposes. Both financial and management accounting relies on the same basic accounting database. However, there are important differences between the two disciplines. Neither financial nor management accounting is a subset of the other. They each have a distinct purpose
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Financial Management (view all)
- Business Income and Expenditure
- Business resources D1
- Budgets - An explanation of the use of budgets as a means of...
- Evaluate how Cash flow forecasts, Break even charts, Profit ...
- Btec Business Level 3 Year 1 - Introduction to Accounting
- ASSIGNMENT P5, M2 & D2- RATIO ANALYSIS
- Sources Of Finance and Profit and Loss Accounts.
- Analyse the impact on a budget of changes in costs and selli...
- Evaluate the reliability of break-even analysis in estimatin...
- BUSINESS ACCOUNTING P2 - I will be explaining the difference...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.