- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Evaluate the adequacy of accounting ratios as a means of monitoring business health in a selected organisation, using examples.
The first 200 words of this essay...
D2: Evaluate the adequacy of accounting ratios as a means of monitoring business health in a selected organisation, using examples.
The importance of ratios in any business is vital because it gives the business a better understanding of the financial data. By using ratios we can compare data from the current year with the previous years, from this the business will identify if they are making more profit or a loss of if they just broke even.
There are four types of ratios that a business has to calculate:
* Investment ratio
* Financial ratio
* Profitability ratio
* Utilisation ratio
This ratio is usually used when investors want to invest in an organisation. The ratio calculation that they find normally consists of the performances of the businesses and if investing is a good idea or not in that business. Then the shareholders fund the company, and it is likely that they will get more investors and grow bigger if the business is in profit. Ordinary shareholders are who in fact owned the business and they are the ones that take the risk of accepting the money from the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Financial Management (view all)
- In this assignment I will talk about why costs and budgets n...
- I have identified different types of ratios using financial ...
- Unit 12 Investigating Internet Marketing D1
- Business Income and Expenditure
- P1- The role of internet marketing
- Analyse the impact on a budget of changes in costs and selli...
- Evaluate the reliability of break-even analysis in estimatin...
- BUSINESS ACCOUNTING P2 - I will be explaining the difference...
- Use accounting data and statistical information to measure b...
- Explain how an organisation can cost a product and determine...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.