- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Evaluate the adequacy of accounting ratios as a means of monitoring business health in a selected organisation, using examples.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Accounting and Finance and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
D2: Evaluate the adequacy of accounting ratios as a means of monitoring business health in a selected organisation, using examples.
The importance of ratios in any business is vital because it gives the business a better understanding of the financial data. By using ratios we can compare data from the current year with the previous years, from this the business will identify if they are making more profit or a loss of if they just broke even.
There are four types of ratios that a business has to calculate:
* Investment ratio
* Financial ratio
* Profitability ratio
* Utilisation ratio
This ratio is usually used when investors want to invest in an organisation. The ratio calculation that they find normally consists of the performances of the businesses and if investing is a good idea or not in that business. Then the shareholders fund the company, and it is likely that they will get more investors and grow bigger if the business is in profit. Ordinary shareholders are who in fact owned the business and they are the ones that take the risk of accepting the money from the shareholders
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Financial Management (view all)
- In this assignment I will talk about why costs and budgets n...
- Compare the benefits of using manual and computerised accoun...
- Assignment 4: ethical issues. The community. P4 and M3
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the various sources of finan...
- Business resources D1
- Unit 2 Exploring Business Activity P6 - ratios
- Costs and Budgets of Headliners Hair Salon
- Ratio Analysis. I am going to illustrate the financial stat...
- Accounting Case Study Questions. BUSHRA'S BUSES - Cash flow...
- Accounts help businesses stay organised, on track to success...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.