- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Examine the main benefits for a company such as General Motors of adapting a system of lean production.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A2 Business Lean Production Case Study
GM adopts Lean Production
Q: Examine the main benefits for a company such as General Motors of adapting a system of lean production.
There is need for change with GM, in 1998 they took 50% more hours to produce a car than Toyota do, this has probably caused them to make a loss on all there products also in the modern era thus why they're struggling for survival while Toyota sell more cars than them. main benefits TGM could gain from adopting lean production are cost and the stock process
One main benefit for GM of using lean production is the fall in costs which help to increase profits. Lean production uses less factory space overall, specifically because of the Just-in-time (JIT) process for stock. The JIT process is designed to give businesses stock for just when they need it, cutting out storage costs and insurance costs, which helps increase the profits GM can make. However, should GM choose to implement this process in all their 178 plants that are located across 12 countries, there are likely to be problems with supply of parts, especially if they require 300
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Case Studies and Analysis (view all)
- I will be analysing the legal, ethical and operational issue...
- PESTLE and SWOT analysis for Tesco.
- Aims of tesco
- Zara case study. Zaras Objectives, Strategies and Problems. ...
- Virgin Atlantic PESTLE analysis.
- Karren Brady is one the most prominent businesswomen within ...
- Discuss the Abuse of Dominant Market Position Giving Example...
- Business Plan: Anti-bullying dance event
- Job Shadow Report. I attended Gen Re Reinsurance Company fo...
- Business Plan for a Roller Disco
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Zoey. University Student.