- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
External influences on business. At ASDA we have to follow the following employment legislations and data protection legislations.
The first 200 words of this essay...
External influences on businesses
The business I have chosen to work on my unit 14 is ASDA.
ASDA is a huge supermarket which is run around England, Scotland and Whales. They offer Britain's best value weekly shop with prices on average 10% lower than our main competitors and an mutable mix of fresh food, grocery clothing, home, leisure and entertainment goods. Approximately they have around 260 stores. They employ 150,000 colleagues who have a reputation for being the best and friendliest in the industry, and we work with over 2,800 suppliers. There stores are "stores of the community," playing a positive part in all aspects of local life.
At ASDA we have to follow the following employment legislations and data protection legislations.
Legal factors - relate to changes in laws and regulations. Businesses must be careful to keep within the law and to anticipate ways in which changes in laws will affect the way they must behave.
Economic factors - relate to changes in the wider economy. A growing economy provides greater opportunities for businesses to make profits, so businesses welcome rising living standards.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Political, legal, social factors affacting Tesco.
- Describe the legal and financial aspects that will affect yo...
- I will be discussing the political, social, and legal factor...
- Describe the influence of two contrasting economic environme...
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.