- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
A detailed explanation of the purpose of keeping accurate records
The purpose of keeping accurate records will provide information that will help managers to make decisions about the future trends of their business. Keeping good record is vital in regards to meeting the financial commitments of a business and providing information on which decisions for the future of the business can be based. While the business maintains records to monitor and record its normal business activities it is also necessary because of obligations under the taxation laws. Stakeholders should be kept informed in order to improve investor's confidence and can make more contributions by investing more money into the business if they are regularly informed about the success of the business. Paying high dividends to shareholders and informing them on future dividends can make shareholders invest more money. A business that does not have accurate financial records may run into serious problems such as:
1. Making a mistake that leads businesses to lose the customers' confident.
2. Overcharging customers will lead to businesses losing its customers.
3. Overstating sales figures also overstates profit and pays too much tax.
4. Overstating sales figures and profits
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Investigating Business. Tesco PLC. I will be describing the...
- Evaluate the strategies that a business can adopt during a r...
- Outline key features of legislation and regulation on health...
- Discuss the impact of recent changes in the UK economic envi...
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student