- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How Far does Quarry Bank Mill enable you to understand the factory system of textile production introduced during the Industrial Revolution of the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Question 1. How Far does Quarry Bank Mill enable you to understand the factory system of textile production introduced during the Industrial Revolution of the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries?
Before the factory system was introduced people used the domestic system to produce cotton, where spinning and then weaving was a very slow and simple process. The Domestic system was very relaxed where people could have lunch or go to the bathroom whenever they wanted to, unlike in the factory system, which was very disciplined and regimented. We have to determine if Quarry Bank Mill was typical of other mills at the time, to be able to see how much it tells us of the factory system. Quarry Bank Mill may be an exception to other mills, maybe having better or worse conditions than most. How much can we actually learn about the factory system by studying Quarry Bank Mill?
There were many machines used in the factory and we saw some of these when we visited the mill. The machines we saw included a Spinning Jenny, a Flying Shuttle and a carding and mule machine, although the Spinning Jenny and the Flying Shuttle were from
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- Unit 4 Business Studies
- E-commerce and its effects in Ireland
- There are many ways in which business can be organized
- Management styles and cultures, which are found to exist wit...
- Full Assignment
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
- technological change
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.