HR internal and external factors
Extracts from this document...
2. Describe what internal and external factors need to be considered when planning human resources. It is important that a that Vodafone plan their human resource carefully because it might effect the cash flow or even bad publicity e.g. the disaster that aroused at terminal 5 this happened due to a major laps in their human resource planning they didn't have the staff with the relevant skills to operate the luggage belt. External Factors Political- this is government affected legislations e.g. companies might be asked to employ more people with disabilities. Economical- theses are factors that concern the economy, due to the current credit crises people don't have as much money leftover to spend on other things which will lead to businesses going down. ...read more.
Technological- greater use of computers will mean Vodafone will have to recruit more staff who skilled in that area as Vodafone offers online chat advice. Internal Factors Organisation needs- Vodafone might launch new services such as online chats with Vodafone this will save customers calling Vodafone and holding for a long period of time. This might result in Vodafone generating more sales and recruiting more technically minded and qualified staff in order to carry out theses tasks. Skill audit- the skills an organisation need are constantly changing with new technology and Vodafone need to make sure they have the right workforce in order to carry out duties such as internet skills and mobile phone knowledge e.g. ...read more.
External Factors These are factors which Vodafone have no control * Government policy can effect recruitment for example Vodafone may be requested to employ more disabled people. * Economic recession will mean people spending less money on phone contracts which will mean Vodafone will have to get rid of some of their employees. This would mean labour would be cheap for Vodafone but there would be less people buying goods. * Labour costs- in the UK everybody has to be paid the national minimum wage. * Skill shortage in the area might lead to Vodafone recruiting someone from abroad who is technically minded but can't speak English very well. * The workforce might expect to work part time or night shift and Vodafone have to accommodate these expectations. ...read more.
This student written piece of work is one of many that can be found in our AS and A Level People & Operations Management section.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- 150,000+ documents available
- Just £6.99 a month
- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month