- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"In order to find out how things really are, one must understand the filters through which one perceives the world." Discuss and evaluate this claim.
The first 200 words of this essay...
"IN ORDER TO FIND OUT HOW THINGS REALLY ARE, ONE MUST UNDERSTAND THE FILTERS THROUGH WHICH ONE PERCEIVES THE WORLD." DISCUSS AND EVALUATE THIS CLAIM.
Patricia Do Rosario
TOK - Mr. Martin
December 9, 2003
"I don't believe in intuition. When you get sudden flashes of perception, it is just the brain working faster than usual. But you've been getting ready to know it for a long time, and when it comes, you feel you've known it always."
Katherine Anne Porter, 1989
Perception in human beings is "the process whereby sensory stimulation is translated into organized experiences". Perceiving something is to be aware of things that surround us by using our senses. Our senses include touching, hearing, seeing, smelling and tasting. People obtain many of their information on their daily lives by using their senses and the information that is gathered is processed by their brains. Our brains as we all know, "is a large part of the nervous system and a large electronic system that is capable of solving complex problems, storing data, examining and analyzing material, and controlling processes with great speed."
The word "perception"
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- Evaluate the Uses and Benefits of Computers In Accounting.
- Computerised Accounts - What are the advantages and limitati...
- The Purpose and Scope of MIS - Management information system...
- of the trading and profit and loss account and the balance s...
- Customer Service Assingnment
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
- technological change
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.