- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In order to understand the changes in technology, an understanding of the forces, which are influencing the world at large, is needed.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Outcome 3 a, b, c
In order to understand the changes in technology, an understanding of the forces, which are influencing the world at large, is needed. These changes can be seen in individual events and in the patterns of the distribution of events through time. The existence and significance of the second Industrial Revolution is even more debatable than the fist. It was a continuation of the industrial and social changes and the appearance of new industries e.g. automobiles, chemicals, and electricity and new organisational forms e.g. multi divisional and multi national, which have led the change. For the fist time there was BIG business and following from those anti-trust issues within the work force. The most recent industrial revolution and the one still underway, has seen the rise of industries based on information. A shift from meeting needs to wants. The rise of these new industries is often referred to as the "Information Revolution" or "Information Economy". The changes in computer technology and the consequences for its applications are summarised below;
1960's - computer systems called Mainframes were used, but they required specialist accommodation, operating systems, software and operators, namely
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- Unit 4 Business Studies
- E-commerce and its effects in Ireland
- There are many ways in which business can be organized
- Management styles and cultures, which are found to exist wit...
- Full Assignment
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
- technological change
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.