- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Introduction to banking.
- Essay length: 3222 words
- Submitted: 28/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction to banking
One of the important functions of the Bank is to accept deposits from the public for the purpose of lending. In fact, depositors are the major stakeholders of the Banking System. The depositors and their interests form the key area of the regulatory framework for banking in India and this has been enshrined in the Banking Regulation Act, 1949. The Reserve Bank of India is empowered to issue directives / advices on interest rates on deposits and other aspects regarding conduct of deposit accounts from time to time. With liberalization in the financial system and deregulation of interest rates, banks are now free to formulate deposit products within the broad guidelines issued by RBI .
This policy document on deposits outlines the guiding principles in respect of formulation of various deposit products offered by the Bank and terms and conditions governing the conduct of the account. The document recognizes the rights of depositors and aims at dissemination of information with regard to various aspects of acceptance of deposits from the members of the public, conduct and operations of various deposits accounts, payment of interest on various deposit accounts, closure of deposit accounts, method of disposal
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Financial Management (view all)
- Evaluate the adequacy of accounting ratios as a means of mon...
- Evaluate how Cash flow forecasts, Break even charts, Profit ...
- Assignment 4: ethical issues. The community. P4 and M3
- Managing Financial Decisions Case Study - sources of financ...
- Business resources D1
- ASSIGNMENT P5, M2 & D2- RATIO ANALYSIS
- Sources Of Finance and Profit and Loss Accounts.
- Analyse the impact on a budget of changes in costs and selli...
- Evaluate the reliability of break-even analysis in estimatin...
- BUSINESS ACCOUNTING P2 - I will be explaining the difference...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.