- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Introduction to Tesco
- Essay length: 3700 words
- Submitted: 02/09/2003
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Structures Objectives and Organisation Activity and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction to Tesco
The name of the company that I am going to be studying is called Tesco. It has its headquarters in Chesunt, but has many stores around the country. These stores are in many cities including Manchester, Birmingham, and London. It has many types of stores and includes Tesco Extra (24 hour), Tesco Metro (located in town centres) and Tesco Express (attached to garages).
It sells many things including food and non-food items. These items include: toys, food, drinks, toiletry, CDs, videos, DVDs, books, cosmetics, medicine, tobacco, alcohol, fruits, vegetables, electrical goods, clothes, organic food. In Newport there are stores based at Spytty and Maesglas.
The type of ownership that my company has is public limited company. This means it is a large company with many employees. It has shares on the stock exchange and anyone over 18 can invest in a share. This will make anyone who has bought the share a part owner of the joint stock company.
As Tesco is a joint stock company the shareholders want a good return on their capital and to receive a dividend each year. If the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Evaluate the strategies that a business can adopt during a r...
- Discuss the impact of recent changes in the UK economic envi...
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Sainsbury's Stakeholders and their Job Roles
- Marks and Spencer aims and objectives
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.