- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Introduction to Tesco
- Essay length: 3700 words
- Submitted: 02/09/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction to Tesco
The name of the company that I am going to be studying is called Tesco. It has its headquarters in Chesunt, but has many stores around the country. These stores are in many cities including Manchester, Birmingham, and London. It has many types of stores and includes Tesco Extra (24 hour), Tesco Metro (located in town centres) and Tesco Express (attached to garages).
It sells many things including food and non-food items. These items include: toys, food, drinks, toiletry, CDs, videos, DVDs, books, cosmetics, medicine, tobacco, alcohol, fruits, vegetables, electrical goods, clothes, organic food. In Newport there are stores based at Spytty and Maesglas.
The type of ownership that my company has is public limited company. This means it is a large company with many employees. It has shares on the stock exchange and anyone over 18 can invest in a share. This will make anyone who has bought the share a part owner of the joint stock company.
As Tesco is a joint stock company the shareholders want a good return on their capital and to receive a dividend each year. If the company
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Identifying the customer needs at marks and Spcner
- Business Ethics and Moral Behaviour
- Investigating Business. Tesco PLC. I will be describing the...
- Identify how effectively and efficiently your chosen company...
- Investigating two businesses, Richer Sounds and McDonalds.
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
- Discuss the impact of MNCs (Multi-National Companies) reloca...
- Identify how government policies impact on a selected busine...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.