- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 16297 words
- Submitted: 06/03/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 3 - Investigating Marketing
Task A - Aims & Objectives of Marketing:
For this unit I will be investigating the marketing strategies of a local business in Hong Kong. The business is a well known, established company; Ocean Park.
Marketing is essential for a business to survive. Marketing covers the four main areas; Product, Price, Promotion and Placement. The aims and objectives of marketing are firstly to attract customers to the chosen product; this is followed by selling the product to the customers. Marketing can be separated into two categories; Attracting & Selling or Finding gaps in the market.
Market segmentation is the division of customers with similar needs or wants. This will allow a business to match the needs of potential customers of the selected market segments. It would also be easier to define a marketing strategy that covers a selected group of customers rather than the whole marketplace. If a marketing strategy and campaign are done properly, it will help to maximize return on marketing expenditures. Some businesses will want to make their target market as broad as possible, so that one product can serve a very large base of customers; this
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing & Research (view all)
- Describe the Social Implications of Business Ethics Facing A...
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing techniques in Tescos...
- Aims and Objectives of Tesco
- Analyse the marketing opportunities and challenges faced by ...
- P4 - Describe the legal and financial aspects that will affe...
- M1-Compare marketing techniques used in marketing products i...
- Describe how marketing techniques are used to market product...
- Marketing Analysis of Dominos Pizza
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using profession...
- Explain the role of advertising agencies in the development ...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.