- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Job Profiles and progression routes
- Essay length: 8436 words
- Submitted: 24/02/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this task, I will be talking about different careers if have considered taking. I will describe 3 different careers and include information such as qualifications required to get the job, roles that are to be carried out and the responsibilities that are assigned to each role.
There are many roles in the teaching sector. These include:
* Nursery teacher
* Primary school teacher
* Secondary school teacher (High school)
* Tertiary school teacher (College/6th form)
* Supply teacher
* PSW (Pastoral Support Worker)
The teaching job is mainly in the public sector meaning their salary is given to them by the government. Public sector jobs are more secure than private sector jobs as they are less likely to be made redundant.
The job roles that are to be carried out by the teacher, is specified in the job description. Similarly, the skills needed to become a teacher are mention in the person specification. These recruitment documents are put up along with the job advert so the teaching institution can get the right person for the job.
A teacher gets paid on
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People & Operations Management (view all)
- Recruitment. Evaluate the usefulness of the documentation in...
- How employee performance is managed and measured at a busine...
- Teamwork. There are several reasons why a business may organ...
- Investigating recruitment & selection - Unit 13, P2
- In this assignment, I am going to show and explain how manag...
- Prepare a short report that describes why costs and budgets ...
- Describe the recruitment and retention process and documenta...
- Unit 4 Effective people communication and information - job ...
- Assess the importance of employability and personal skills i...
- What is a supply chain? Use examples in your answer.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.