- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
M1 - Assessment of how managing the human, physical and technological resources can improve the performance of Marks & Spencer
- Essay length: 3549 words
- Submitted: 06/11/2012
- Awarding body: Edexcel (for A-levels)
Are you in the right place?
Jump to People and operations management and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
This part of assignment assesses how managing the human, physical and technological resources that have been researched so far can improve the performance of Marks & Spencer.
Human Resources are the people (employees) in the business. Monitoring the performance of employees in Marks & Spencer has showed the way to a number of advantages. These essential advantages are assessed below.
The employees in Marks & Spencer are being monitored by CCTV and therefore watched by managers or directors which led to an increase in customer focus. Monitoring employees makes sure that they are carrying out the job tasks correctly. This could be for the reason that employees do not want to upset and get embarrassed when their managers or directors are observing them through CCTV; as a result they try to work and perform to the best of their ability. Employees in the stores of Marks & Spencer know that they are being observed and monitored throughout the work day so this encourages employees to serve customers more adequately as well as to provide assistance at all times. In addition, employees in the stores are likely to think that they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People & Operations Management (view all)
- How employee performance is managed and measured at a busine...
- Roles and Responsibilities of Staff Members at McDonalds.
- Describe the recruitment documentation used by ASDA
- Working in a business environment
- Explain the need for and role of discipline in the public se...
- In this assignment I will be describing the different team l...
- Analysis of a Job Advert and My Employability Skills
- Prepare a short report that describes why costs and budgets ...
- Describe the recruitment and retention process and documenta...
- Unit 4 Effective people communication and information - job ...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.