- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Manchester Airport is a big business and what makes it big is the 21 million passengers a year that go through the airport. On average that is 62-63 thousands daily. The airport is situated just 10miles south of the city centre, at the heart of the UK, Half way between London and Edinburgh.
The airport used to be opposite the Trafford centre, the old airport field that they used was called Barnt. The owners of the airport went to the Manchester city council and asked them if they would by some suitable land for the airport to be built on because the airport field was becoming dangerous for the pilots, Manchester city council granted their wish and bought the land where it still stands today.
When the airport moved to its current site in 1938, it was named "Ringway". This name was taken from the nearest village. This new airport was only open for one year before World War Two began, at which time the RAF and Navy took over it and it became a training ground for parachutists. During this time around 60,000 parachutists landed at Ringway.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- business online
- Unit 4 Business Studies
- Business Stakeholders Marks and Spencers
- Analyse different types of business information and their so...
- Outline electronic and non-electronic methods for communicat...
- How Tesco complies with current ICT legislation
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.