- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Mergers & Acquisitions
The first 200 words of this essay...
Mergers & Acquisitions
How will goodwill impact the balance sheet of the combined entity after the merger and acquisition is completed?
Answer: If the cost of purchase is higher than the value of the entity which is purchase by the entity, the value of the goodwill will be increased. Hence, in the combined balance sheet the goodwill will be shown as an increased value which will be extra of the payment that the acquisition company has paid to the acquired company. The value of the goodwill will be as on the date of acquisition. The goodwill will increase the intangible asset of the combined entity.
How do increase revaluations of fixed assets and other intangibles assets (patents and trademarks impact combine d balance sheet?
Answer: As the fixed assets and other intangibles asset are revaluing - those will increase the value of the assets of the acquiring company. The purchase value of the acquiring entity will be determined accordingly. So the assets will be revalue and thus in the combined balance sheet will be shown at revalue price. The goodwill will b determined at the price paid over the revalue assets less liabilities of the acquiring
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Financial Management (view all)
- In this assignment I will talk about why costs and budgets n...
- In this assignment I will be explaining in detail the import...
- Evaluate the importance of cash flow and breakeven for the e...
- Evaluate the adequacy of accounting ratios as a means of mon...
- Assignment 4: ethical issues. The community. P4 and M3
- Unit 2 Exploring Business Activity P6 - ratios
- Costs and Budgets of Headliners Hair Salon
- Ratio Analysis. I am going to illustrate the financial stat...
- Accounting Case Study Questions. BUSHRA'S BUSES - Cash flow...
- Accounts help businesses stay organised, on track to success...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.