- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Operations Management - Outsourcing
The first 200 words of this essay...
Production and Operations Management is concerned with the problems of developing, producing, and delivering goods and services. Researchers focus on how to combine concepts, models, and data to help managers develop better systems and make better decisions concerning operations. Recent research in the area has focused on inventory, international operations, forecasting, information systems, logistics, purchasing contracts, outsourcing, and more. Today's highly competitive world business environment is forcing management to aggressively pursue ways to achieve efficiencies, improve customer service and save money. In their frantic search for new ways to streamline company operations, the concept of outsourcing "non-core" business processes and activities is a tempting new way to improve operations and costs. Management has become intrigued with the idea that they should be focusing on managing and controlling those key "core" business processes and activities that their organizations are best at doing and that represent the mainstay of the business instead of trying to dilute precious efforts in some of the business activities that do not represent the essence of the activities of the company.
WHAT IS OUTSOURCING?
Outsourcing is hiring someone whose expertise can perform a business function or
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- business online
- Unit 4 Business Studies
- Outline electronic and non-electronic methods for communicat...
- There are a various amount of stakeholders in McDonald's the...
- Comparison of two types of printers.
- How Tesco complies with current ICT legislation
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'