- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Public Limited Companies.
The first 200 words of this essay...
B.4 Public Limited Companies
These are the largest type of privately owned enterprises in the UK. Many started as private limited companies and were floated on the Stock Exchange. Floated is the term used when a public limited company is launched. A company must have more than £50,000 before it can go public. The benefits for the owners are as follows:
1) The major benefit is vastly increased capital as many thousands of people or organisations may buy shares in the company
2) Some public companies can be quite small - there only needs to be a minimum of two directors and shareholders
3) Very large public companies can often operate more cheaply than small companies as they operate on economies of scale. For instance, they can mass-produce goods for sale and buy in bulk to save money
4) If the company is successful the shares will increase, which will increase the overall value of the company.
The drawbacks for the owners are as follows:
1) A public company must be registered as such with the Registrar of Companies and has many external regulations to comply with
2) An annual general
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Political, legal and social factors impact on businesses The...
- I will be discussing the political, social, and legal factor...
- Btec National Business Level 3 Year 1 - Exploring Business A...
- Tesco - Aims and Objectives
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
- Discuss the impact of MNCs (Multi-National Companies) reloca...
- Identify how government policies impact on a selected busine...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.