- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
recruitment at the Marriott Hotel
- Essay length: 4069 words
- Submitted: 06/01/2008
Are you in the right place?
Jump to People and operations management and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Recruitment process and documentation
The Marriott have got a set procedure to recruit people into their business, what ever the role in the business is this applies. The workers are important stakeholders, and without the stakeholders the Marriott business could not operate. The reason the Marriott may need to employ more workers is because of increased sales, a staff member may have left, a member of staff might have been promoted, a member of staff goes on temporary leave. All of these reasons may force the Marriott recruit new staff to keep the business going as normal.
The Marriott carry out a HUMAN RESOURCES ORDIT. By carrying out a human resources ordit the Marriott know who works in the business and with it they can make a human resources plan which is a strategy for when they need to recruit staff that are needed. In the Marriott people are the most important part in the business.
The process that the Marriott uses to recruit new staff is a complex process and has many stages, there are ten stages overall. The ten stages in the recruitment process are:
1. Identify vacancy
2. Write job description
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People & Operations Management (view all)
- NVQ2 Business and admin assessment 1. Know the employment r...
- Explain how customer service standards are planned, implemen...
- Assess the importance of employability, and personal skills ...
- How employee performance is managed and measured at a busine...
- Recruitment. Identify how two organisations plan recruitment...
- In this assignment I will be describing the different team l...
- Analysis of a Job Advert and My Employability Skills
- Prepare a short report that describes why costs and budgets ...
- Describe the recruitment and retention process and documenta...
- Unit 4 Effective people communication and information - job ...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'