- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Reimportation. The reimportation of prescription drugs from Canada to the United States has been an important national issue over the past years. Many Americans complain that prescription drugs are too expensive and other countries sell the same drugs for
The first 200 words of this essay...
In 1988, Congress passed the Prescription Drug Marketing Act which banned the reimportation of U.S-made prescription drugs. Reimportation is defined as a product exported from the United States and then imported back into the country (Reimportation). The reimportation of prescription drugs from Canada to the United States has been an important national issue over the past years. Many Americans complain that prescription drugs are too expensive and other countries sell the same drugs for less money. Thus, many American citizens have been ignoring the law and purchasing drugs from bordering countries such as Canada and Mexico as well as from the internet. Following the election, newly elected democratic controlled house and senate are gearing up for a renewed push to remove the reimportation ban. Ken Johnson, senior vice president of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America stated, "I don't think there's any question there will be renewed attempts to pass reimportation legislation in the new Congress. It's a fight that's been going on for years now. Given the new leadership and its priorities, we expect it to pop up again" (Bridges). On the surface, freer markets and lower prices for American consumers appear to be benefits that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Case Studies and Analysis (view all)
- I will be analysing the legal, ethical and operational issue...
- Describe the process of distributing goods through different...
- Business plan. The business that I am going to produce is a ...
- Legal and social factors have impacted on the two contrastin...
- Virgin Atlantic PESTLE analysis.
- Karren Brady is one the most prominent businesswomen within ...
- Discuss the Abuse of Dominant Market Position Giving Example...
- Business Plan: Anti-bullying dance event
- Job Shadow Report. I attended Gen Re Reinsurance Company fo...
- Business Plan for a Roller Disco
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'