- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
retail and business travel agents
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Total Tourist Experience:
The travel and tourism industry is made up of six different components, they are:
* Travel Agents
* Tour Operators
* Accommodation and Catering
* Tourist development and Promotion
* Tourist Attractions
Should a tourist decide to take a holiday, he/she is likely to visit a travel agent to inquire about various holidays on offer and prices available.
Travel agents are agents for tour operators; they sell package holidays, products and services on behalf of the tour operator and are paid a commission or fee by the tour operator. Travel agents offer products and services such as; travel insurance, flights, car-hire, ferry crossings, train tickets, advice etc.
There are two types of travel agents; they are the Retail Travel Agent and the Business Travel Agent. The larger Business Travel Agents are members of the Guild of Business Travel Agents (GBTA) and make up over 80% of business travel arrangements through travel agencies. Leading GBTA Business Travel Agents are, American Express Europe Ltd, Britannic Travel Ltd, Carlson Wagonlits, Hogg Robinson Travel Ltd, Portman Travel Ltd and Seaforth Travel Ltd. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People & Operations Management (view all)
- Roles and Responsibilities of Staff Members at McDonalds.
- How employee performance is managed and measured at a busine...
- NVQ2 Business and admin assessment 1. Know the employment r...
- Assess the importance of employability, and personal skills ...
- The main aim of this research is to evaluate the information...
- Describe the main employability, personal and communication ...
- Describe the theory of Taylor. Explain how it would be impl...
- Suggest, with justification, ways of improving motivation in...
- Project Management - Members of the Building Team
- Demonstrate how to manage the SMART targets in your career p...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.