- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Roles of Banks and Building societies.
- Essay length: 1238 words
- Submitted: 15/01/2013
- Awarding body: AQA (for A-levels)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 4 Finance for business
Introduction: in this task I am going to give some definitions and examples about some topics in finance in business.
High street banks
High streets banks are the local banks you see on high street or in town centre. All High Street Banks are public limited companies (PLC). So their liability is limited. They deliver financial service to the members of public and some local or national businesses. The types of services High Street Banks provides are credit and debit cards, mortgages, loans, investment, accounts, insurance, pensions and standard orders and direct debits.
However, before they can become public to enable them to sell shares on the stock exchange. There are three legal requirements which are stated in the law to become a PLC. They have to have Â£700,000, have 25% of shares to be floated and have to have been existed or trading for at least five years. High Street Banks are more risky due to money being borrowed from government from tax payers and banks can get into serious debt and can even go bust. High Street banks increase and decrease
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Financial Management (view all)
- In this assignment I will talk about why costs and budgets n...
- Evaluate the adequacy of accounting ratios as a means of mon...
- P1- The role of internet marketing
- I have identified different types of ratios using financial ...
- Unit 12 Investigating Internet Marketing D1
- Analyse the impact on a budget of changes in costs and selli...
- Evaluate the reliability of break-even analysis in estimatin...
- BUSINESS ACCOUNTING P2 - I will be explaining the difference...
- Use accounting data and statistical information to measure b...
- Explain how an organisation can cost a product and determine...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.