- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Rolls Royce Business Analysis
- Essay length: 5075 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
In 1998 the aero and space market in the United Kingdom was estimated to be £21.6 billion, contributing over ten percent of the UK manufacturing gross domestic product and two percent of the entire GDP. The bulk of the industry lies in military sales, which amounts to almost half of the product sales of the aviation market.1 Military sales have helped companies like British Aerospace (BAE) systems, and Rolls Royce become amongst the UK's largest exporters. The aerospace industry has remained strong in difficult periods through the nineties when there were large defence cutbacks and civil airline cancellations. However, it has been the technical excellence and market positioning that has allowed companies like Rolls Royce to widen the capacity of sales, through associations and relationships with traditional rivals and gained entry into new global markets. This has resulted in the UK industry gaining many domestic and foreign contracts for civil and military defence sales.
For the purpose of this project the definition of the aerospace industry is focused on and includes the sale of aircraft components, parts and engines, refurbishment work, and all after market services. The refurbishments and after market services are often included in company
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Evaluate the strategies that a business can adopt during a r...
- Outline key features of legislation and regulation on health...
- Investigating Business. Tesco PLC. I will be describing the...
- ASDA's Ownership
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.