- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Strategic human resource management
- Essay length: 4035 words
- Submitted: 28/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
At present, human resources in a large number of organisations are viewed as a source of competitive advantage. There is greater acceptance that distinctive competencies are obtained through highly developed employee skills, distinctive organisational cultures, management processes and systems. Increasingly it is being recognized that competitive advantage can be obtained with a high quality workforce that enables organisations to compete on the basis of market responsiveness, product and service quality, differentiated products and technological innovation.
Strategic human resource management has been defined as ' the linking of human resources with strategic goals and objectives in order to improve business performance and develop organisational culture that foster innovation and flexibility' (Siddharth Chaturvedi). Strategic HR means accepting the HR function as a strategic partner in the formulation of the company's strategies as well as in the implementation of those strategies through HR activities such as recruiting, selecting, training and rewarding personnel. Whereas strategic HR recognizes HR's partnership role in the strategizing process, the term HR Strategies refers to specific HR courses of action the company plans to pursue to achieve it's aims.
Appendix 1 presents a model of Strategic HRM that accounts for both the fit
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People & Operations Management (view all)
- Assess the importance of employability, and personal skills ...
- Roles and Responsibilities of Staff Members at McDonalds.
- M1 - Assessment of how managing the human, physical and tech...
- Unit 13 - Organising an Event
- How employee performance is managed and measured at a busine...
- Prepare a short report that describes why costs and budgets ...
- Describe the recruitment and retention process and documenta...
- Unit 4 Effective people communication and information - job ...
- Assess the importance of employability and personal skills i...
- What is a supply chain? Use examples in your answer.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.