- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Structure of the Leisure & Recreation Industry.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Structure of the Leisure & Recreation Industry
Traditionally, leisure facilities & activities have been provided by 3 sectors:
In recent years the differences between them have become less pronounced, and a provider in one sector may have characteristics which are usually associated with another sector. Such overlap is normal, but it is useful to recognise these variations when carrying out analysis of observations. Here is an example:
* Wimbledon Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club and Queens club are voluntary sector clubs where for most of the year their ordinary members play tennis. Yet for three weeks of every year they stage 2 of the biggest and most commercial tennis events in the world.
Despite overlaps, each sector still maintains a distinctive profile as a result of its purpose and the way each is controlled and funded.
The primary objective of private sector organisations is to make a profit. If they fail to make a profit they go out of business. To make a profit they need to produce services and goods at a cost that is less than that at which they sell them. They are also in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Political, legal, social factors affacting Tesco.
- Describe the legal and financial aspects that will affect yo...
- I will be discussing the political, social, and legal factor...
- Describe the influence of two contrasting economic environme...
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Zoey. University Student.