- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Business Environment Coursework. Describe the type of business, purpose and ownership of 2 contrasting types of businesses.
- Essay length: 18672 words
- Submitted: 24/06/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
Task 1 Describe the type of business, purpose and ownership of 2 contrasting types of businesses.
A sole trader is a business owned by 1 person. It does not have limited liability meaning that if it fails and creates debts the owner is personally responsible for this.
Sole trader's usually have to work long hours and learn about all the aspects of business as many start up businesses cannot afford to hire people to take on other tasks.
The owner is responsible for everything that goes on in the business and has to do a lot of work. The owner also receives all the profit and is able to make decisions on their own.
The owner has full control over the business.
Hair dressers, small independent shops and book keepers are usually sole traders.
A partnership is a lot like a sole trader only there are more than 1 owner.
This usually means the work and responsibility is shared and so are the profits.
Good examples of partnerships are dentists, accountants and lawyers.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- I will be analysing the legal, ethical and operational issue...
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Political, legal and social factors impact on businesses The...
- I will be discussing the political, social, and legal factor...
- Tescos. I am going to explain the ethical concerns facing th...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
- Discuss the impact of MNCs (Multi-National Companies) reloca...
- Identify how government policies impact on a selected busine...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.