- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The present success of the travel industry has been greatly influenced by the advent of the computer system in this industry.
- Essay length: 11017 words
- Submitted: 23/10/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction of the organization.
The present success of the travel industry has been greatly influenced by the advent of the computer system in this industry. The success or failure of a firm in this sector is not only determined by friendly staff or by efficient management but in part by the system used.
A breakdown of such a system would present a firm with in-calculable losses including a major loss in customer satisfaction. Thus an efficient and reliable system has to be established allowing all related transactions to be carried out with accuracy and diligence.
I have been ensued the task of computerizing a small travel and tourism agency called International Travel Services (I.T.S) which receives a high influx of customer transactions. It has been in effective operation for the last eight years. Its services vary from ticket purchase to the sale of holiday packages. The organization employs 20 members of staff. The agency has divided itself into various departments. This includes:
1. Hotels and Resort.
2. Ticketing and Baggage.
3. Transfers and Tours.
4. Customer Relations.
The Hotel and Resort department is ensued with the task of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- business online
- Business Stakeholders Marks and Spencers
- Unit 4 Business Studies
- Outline electronic and non-electronic methods for communicat...
- Analyse different types of business information and their so...
- How Tesco complies with current ICT legislation
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student