- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The SWOT analysis is a tool used to help an organizations strategic planning process and It is also a useful tool in developing and confirming your goals and marketing strategy.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In 1960, a research was conducted at Stanford Research Institute. The research was funded by the Fortune 500 companies to find out what could be the reason that corporate planning was failing. Under lead of Albert Humphrey, who also developed the TAM(r) (Team, Action, Management) business performance model, the research team invented the SWOT analysis model. The SWOT analysis is a tool used to help an organization's strategic planning process and It is also a useful tool in developing and confirming your goals and marketing strategy. The SWOT analysis evaluates the organization's internal strengths (S) and weaknesses (W), and its external opportunities (O) and threats (T).
First of all, you take a look at the organization's internal strengths. Strengths describe the positive attributes, tangible and intangible, internal to your organization. They are within your control. Besides the internal perspective, you also have to consider the point of view of your customers and all the other people in the same market like suppliers and competitors. In other words, what is your unique selling point (USP)? For example, if all of your competitors provide high quality products, then a high quality production process is not
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Identifying the customer needs at marks and Spcner
- Investigating Business. Tesco PLC. I will be describing the...
- Business Ethics and Moral Behaviour
- Identify how effectively and efficiently your chosen company...
- Investigating two businesses, Richer Sounds and McDonalds.
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
- Discuss the impact of MNCs (Multi-National Companies) reloca...
- Identify how government policies impact on a selected busine...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.