- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
This case is about easyGroups efforts to diversify. The company established itself as a low-cost, no-frills carrier that focused on managing yield in the airline industry.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Extending the "easy" Business Model: What Should easyGroup do Next?
This case is about easyGroup's efforts to diversify. The company established itself as a low-cost, no-frills carrier that focused on managing yield in the airline industry. In some ways, easyJet was the Southwest Airlines of Europe: the first successful low-cost carrier. easyGroup has tried to transfer this business model to both the rental car and internet café businesses. In this case, it is considering entry into the UK movie theatre industry. This case offers students the opportunity to apply the diversification concepts in chapter 9. Particularly, it allows students to assess what it means to have a coherent diversification strategy. Secondarily, it also exposes students to Stelios Haji-Ioannou, a successful serial entrepreneur and to an international business context.
1. Why was easyGroup successful with easyJet?
2. What is your assessment of easyGroup's diversification strategy? Do you expect easyGroup to be successful in internet cafes and rental cars? Why or why not?
3. Should easyGroup enter the cinema business? If so, how?
1. Discussion of easyGroup's history and early diversification efforts (15-20 minutes)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Case Studies and Analysis (view all)
- Skills and Knowledge Needed to Work In A Business Environme...
- The main purpose of this research is to know and analyze whe...
- I will be analysing the legal, ethical and operational issue...
- Business Culture & Strategy Analysis Of JD Wetherspoon
- Primark. The company I have chosen to look at is Primark, i...
- Analyse the implications of government policies for a select...
- Unit 1 P3 P4 P5 P6 Business Organisation and The Business En...
- P4 Indentify the competitive factors in the retail environme...
- Karren Brady is one the most prominent businesswomen within ...
- Discuss the Abuse of Dominant Market Position Giving Example...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Zoey. University Student.