- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
This is a detailed business report on Sainbsurys.
- Essay length: 7270 words
- Submitted: 05/03/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
This is a detailed business report on Sainbsurys. The report will cover and consider the following aspects at Sainsburys:
* Functional areas
* Organisational structure
* Management styles
* Communication channels
* Production and quality
The key features of an organisation are its:
- unique name - (e.g. J Sainsburys plc)
- objectives - (mission statement, gives any business direction)
- legislation's- (rules and laws)
- patterns and structures- (culture, tradition, values)
- chain of command- (orders pass down while information passes up hierarchy)
I have chosen to use Sainsburys for my report as they are a very large company and cover all areas of the report. Let us find out a bit more information on Sainsburys.
Sainsbury's Supermarkets was established in 1869 by John James and Mary Ann and is Britain's longest-standing major food retailing chain. Sainsbury's Supermarkets was established in 1869 by John James and Mary Ann Sainsbury and is Britain's longest-standing major food retailing chain. The founders' principles and values guide us as strongly today as they did
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- ASDA's Ownership
- Discuss the impact of recent changes in the UK economic envi...
- Describe the influence of two contrasting economic environme...
- Tescos. I am going to explain the ethical concerns facing th...
- How Marks and Spencers applies business ethics.
- BTEC Level 3 In this assignment I will be going to assess ho...
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.