- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Wall Street and it's expose of corporate governance practices and malfesance
The first 200 words of this essay...
Wall Street (1987)
Starring Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen
Directed by Oliver Stone
University of Michigan - Dearborn
EM550: Business Law and Ethics
Wall Street (1987) is based on the bull market of 1985 starring Charlie Sheen as Bud Fox, a Wall Street stockbroker, and Michael Douglas as Gordon Gekko, a ruthless stockbroker kingpin. The movie has the traditional plotline with a hungry kid impressed by an elder in the business he wants to be in on, who is then seduced by the elder, later betrayed by him, and then tries to turn the tables in the end to make things right. This movie is important in three aspects: how the relaxed government regulation law allowed manipulation of the market through illegal securities trading, the lack of ethics in business, and how morals in today's society are not ethical.
The first discussion is the focus on the effects of insider trading on the stock market. An individual who obtains "inside information" about the plans of a publicly listed corporation can often make stock-trading profits by using the information to guide decisions relating to the purchase
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- Evaluate the Uses and Benefits of Computers In Accounting.
- Computerised Accounts - What are the advantages and limitati...
- of the trading and profit and loss account and the balance s...
- Customer Service Assingnment
- My aim is to research and produce a formal business report o...
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
- technological change
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.