- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Week Three Employee Portfolio: Assessing and motivating 3 employees.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Week Three Employee Portfolio: Management Plan
1st April, 2012
# Person 1
Person 1 characteristics may affect the performance of the organization by not allowing other people to attain a position status. He resembles the characteristics of a personal power; those with a strong power motivator are often divided into two groups: personal and institutional power. People with a personal power drive want to control others, while people with an institutional power drive like to organize the efforts of a team to further the company's goals. These kinds of employee have the following characteristics: - Wants to control and influence others, Likes to win arguments, Enjoys competition and winning and Enjoys status and recognition. On the other side Person 1 is not able to properly accept critique from his colleagues and this may get subjective in job-related matters. Thus these negative characteristics will affect the performance of the company.
As a manager I recommend that motivating # person 1 in terms of providing feedback effectively, assign them suitable tasks along with appropriate authority and power, this will help him to remain motivated. If the employee is more involvement
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People & Operations Management (view all)
- Henry Fayol
- Impact of Finance on Business Decisions (Appraisal Methods)
- Recruitment. Businesses like Asda recruit staff for a variet...
- Exploring Business Activity P5
- Skills Audit
- Prepare a short report that describes why costs and budgets ...
- Describe the recruitment and retention process and documenta...
- Unit 4 Effective people communication and information - job ...
- Assess the importance of employability and personal skills i...
- What is a supply chain? Use examples in your answer.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.