- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Analysis of the popularity of the Simpsons.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rebecca Lambert-Williams Page 1
Analysis of the popularity of the Simpsons
The Simpsons is an animated situation comedy (Sitcom) based around a family, set in a small town of America. I think that situation comedy formula is so popular with TV audiences because it makes fun of everyday life so things that we worry about do not matter anymore because we can laugh at ourselves.
The Simpsons is similar to other situation comedies in that it is family based. It makes fun of serious problems and exaggerates everything. It also is different to other situation comedies in that it can be even more exaggerated and made weirder because it is an animated cartoon and anything can be done e.g. in the episode homer goes into another dimension that would be almost impossible to do in any other situation comedy.
The Simpsons are an American family; they are middle classed with two adults mum Marge, and dad Homer and three children, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
People relate to the family because in some ways the characters remind them of themselves or people that they know, like I personally feel that my
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classics (view all)
- To what extent does the architecture of Rome highlight the a...
- In your opinion, where did the real power lie within the Spa...
- Antigone is a saint, whereas Medea is a devil incarnate"...
- Aeneas can be considered an excellent hero. Discuss.
- To what extent do you think Aristophanes has serious targets...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.