- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Book 6 - The Odyssey.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Book 6 - The Odyssey
1. Chapter 6 continues, from chapter 5, with Odysseus being asleep in his self made bed of leaves, at the island belonging to the Phaeacians. Whilst Odysseus sleeps Athene is already sketching out plans for Odysseus and makes her way to the palace belonging to Alcinous. Where Athene appears to Nausicaa, Alcinous' daughter during her dreams, in the form of Nausicaa's friend Dymas, and informs Nausicaa that she should clean some of her clothes, in case she is soon to be married and will need the clothes for herself and the bridegroom's party.
When Nausicaa awakes in the morning, she asks her father Alcinous to order the princes, to prepare her a high-sided wagon, so her and her servants could go to the river to clean her own and her families dirty clothes. Alcinous agreed, and sent the princes to prepare the wagon and her mother packed her some food, wine and olive oil to take along with them.
The all arrive at the river and wash the clothes, after that they bathed and rubbing olive oil in themselves before eating lunch by the riverside. After they had eaten, the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classics (view all)
- Portrayal of society in "Oedipus the King" and &qu...
- Internal and External Conflicts in The Odyssey
- Overview of Ancient Greece
- Fate vs Free Will in Oedipus Rex.
- Similes in the Odyssey: Books 5-7
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student