- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare & Contrast the Simpsons to Futurama.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare & Contrast
"D'oh! Nuts! Mmm... donuts," a wise Homer once said. Undoubtedly, The Simpsons is a popular show breaking gender, age, and social backgrounds to reach the populace and shaping itself into the popular culture. Children connect with the more adolescent humor whilst young and old adults understand the more sexual and political obscenity. After many seasons, the creator of The Simpsons, Matt Groening, released another animation based comedy; Futurama. It may not have become as popular as The Simpsons, but held its own ground as a comedic relief.
The Simpsons covers the "average" lives of Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, and Maggie in a modern day town called Springfield. These events range from saving Springfield from a nuclear bomb to the troubles of love. While that may seem far-fetched, Futurama follows a New York pizza delivery boy, Fry, as he is cryogenically frozen and thawed in the far future to be nothing other than a delivery boy. Both shows do have different characters, plots, settings, but Futurama seems to be a cookie cut of The Simpsons. There is one thing that Futurama will not be getting anytime soon however; those spectacular Halloween specials.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classics (view all)
- Is Medea a villain or a victim?
- How far should Oedipus as represented in the Oedipus Rex be ...
- Compare and contrast Oedipus Rex and Faustus as tragedies.
- The Odyssey' places emphasis on cunning and guilefulness rat...
- Similes in the Odyssey: Books 5-7
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.