- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In this essay I will be examining the reasons why against all odds the Greeks were victorious against the mighty Persians, during the Fifth Century BC.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Ancient History Essay.
In this essay I will be examining the reasons why against all odds the Greeks were victorious against the mighty Persians, during the Fifth Century BC. This victory has impacted on the world we live in today, as were it not for the Greeks would we have the political and economical freedom that we know today, or would we have been doomed to a life of slavery?
Democracy was forming in the West, giving freedom to the men of the land; a complete contrast to the people of the East who under the Achaemenid Empire had no say or freedom of choice. History had a pattern where the Persian king's were greedy, to build up their empire until they owned all the land in the world, a king that showed no virtue or mercy at their ambition to be the king of kings. It is important then to review this history of Greece and Persia, focusing mainly on the great powers of Athens, Sparta and the rise of Persia and to look at the psychological values that influenced the victory of the Greeks against the Persians in these ancient wars.
It could be said
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classics (view all)
- Aeneas can be considered an excellent hero. Discuss.
- Determination of Chlorine and Iodine in Water
- According to the Res Gestae and Suetonius' Life of Augustus,...
- The role of the Chorus in Oedipus Rex
- Similes in the Odyssey: Books 5-7
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.