- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Odysseus - The Epic Hero
The first 200 words of this essay...
October 28, 2002
Odysseus: The Epic Hero
Many great adventures have been passed down through time, whether it be by writings, or by word of mouth. Great tales have come in many forms as well, some as long, narrative poems, otherwise known as epics, and some simply written or told as a story. Several of these tales are about a hero and many of his adventures and ordeals. One of the most famous adventure stories of all time is Homer's The Odyssey. The story The Odyssey is about one man's journey home from battles at Troy and the challenges he must face. Through all these trials it's apparent that Odysseus, The Odyssey's main character, is in fact an epic hero.
Odysseus is an epic hero for several reasons, the least of which being simply the fact that he is the hero of the epic. The epic itself revolves around the many perils Odysseus has to overcome. Not only is he the central hero of The Odyssey, but he is a hero from legend as well. Odysseus has importance in many ways throughout the story. He is known
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classics (view all)
- Determination of Chlorine and Iodine in Water
- Aeneas can be considered an excellent hero. Discuss.
- To what extent did the Roman emperor Augustus restore the re...
- Identification of carbonyl compounds by preparing their deri...
- According to the Res Gestae and Suetonius' Life of Augustus,...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.