- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The affects of secrets as seen in 'Ghost' and 'Oedipus the King'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Secrets are usually told to hide the truth. Every secret told in both Ghost by Henrik Ibsen and Oedipus the King by Sophocles lead to more yet larger secrets. In Ghost and in Oedipus the King, secrets and society invaded personal lives causing the destruction of reputation and morals. There were many secrets in Ghost and Oedipus the King that affected life for the characters as a whole.
In Ghost numerous secrets were kept concealed. The two major secrets were kept from Regina and Oswald, who are two main characters from the play. The first secret hidden was the reality of Oswald's father having an affair with Regina's mother. The next hidden secret was that Oswald and Regina were brother and sister. In Oedipus the King, several major secrets were kept undisclosed. The chief secret kept from Oedipus was the fact that Polybus, his assumed father and Merope, his assumed mother were not his biological parents. The other secret kept from Oedipus was his fate, which was to kill his father and marry his mother. With these secrets, many mixed emotions and affects of the secrets on the families, in Ghost and Oedipus the King, did occur.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classics (view all)
- Aeneas can be considered an excellent hero. Discuss.
- According to the Res Gestae and Suetonius' Life of Augustus,...
- Determination of Chlorine and Iodine in Water
- Fate vs Free Will in Oedipus Rex.
- The role of the Chorus in Oedipus Rex
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.