- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
By Alexander Gosling
Security of data
Security of data involves the protection of data from anything that could destroy it, or introduce errors to it, as this may corrupt data.
Things such as hazards, for example fires and floods, or another person gaining access to the data and damaging it, can destroy data.
The security of data is very important, as many people store extremely important documents on their computers, for example bank or health records which may contain personal and confidential information about a person, which when discovered could cause major problems. If somebody were to discover another persons bank details through data being insecure, money could be taken from their account, which would cause confusion and disruption for everybody. Data does need to be kept secure, and there are many ways to do this, for example by backing up data or putting passwords on your files.
How data and software can sometimes not be secure
There are a large number of ways in which data and software cannot be secure, in some of the following situations:
* Files can
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Compilers and Interpreters
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- An introduction to Identity Theft
- Computer systems assignment 1
- Introduction to Computerized Accounting.
- BTEC National in IT Organisational systems security - Polici...
- BTEC National in IT Organisational systems security - Softwa...
- Future Developments in ICT
- Computing project - testing my library system
- Application Letter. My passion for Computer Science
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.