- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Different ways of data capture
- Essay length: 5834 words
- Submitted: 14/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Data capture is methods of gathering data automatically as part of an automatic transaction.
THERE ARE 2 BROAD METHODS DATA CAPTURE CAN BE DIVIDED INTO!!!!
1. Document Reading Methods - The document is in computer readable format. e.g bar code this is input into computer and data is read from it
2. Sensing Methods - Special sensors are used to obtain data which is transmitted to a comp. e.g Traffic lights/automatic weather stations.
Different ways of data capture are:
1.KEYBOARD DATA ENTRY - Common way of data capture, Usually copied from a source document so has disadvantages.
These Are: Transcription errors - human error as things are copied incorrectly.
Time Consuming - Take a long time to input big amounts.
2.Voice Data Entry - User speaks into mic and special software recognizes users voice where it appears on screen to then be edited this can be improved by training to users voice.
3. Scanners and OCR's - Scanners can print in graphical images and photographs software can then be used to touch up these images. Scanners can also be used to read typed or even hand written
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Input and Output Devices
- Evaluate the design and operation of Frito-Lay's logistic ne...
- Time and Cost Estimating Techniques
- Principles of Computer Networks
- The CPU (Central Processing Unit) is the processor within th...
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.