- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Evaluate the design and operation of Frito-Lay's logistic network.
The first 200 words of this essay...
XP 75 Operations Management
Frito Lay, Inc: The Backhaul Decision
1. Evaluate the design and operation of Frito-Lay's logistic network.
Logistics is a supply chain effort involving the planning, implementation and control of the forward and reverse flow, storage and services of goods from origin to destination.
Frito-Lay's logistics defined its mission as delivering the right product, to the right place at the right time, in the right amount, in a cost effective manner.
The logistics system is complex and consists of six geographic zones. The managers of the zones were responsible for their own logistics and there was very little interaction between the zones. They primarily utilized their own private fleet of trucks and supplemented it with third party carriers to transport its less service sensitive shipments such as inter-plant shipments. They had a very high on-time delivery rate of 99.1%.
The private fleet coupled with the CADEC system allows fleet drivers to maximize productivity and provide excellent customer service. The CADEC system is designed to support regulatory reporting. It routinely tracks trip events from the perspective of the driver and the time between significant points of travel. It has good reports and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Control Unit, Memory Unit, and Arithmetic Logic Unit. The C...
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Input Output Functions of an Operating System
- Compilers and Interpreters
- Justify a particular installation or upgrade. I have instal...
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.